There are people all over the world who have never heard of Gold Coast Australia. This is a shame, especially since the area has so much to offer. If you are not familiar with this locale and you want to know more about it, reading the following facts would be a great place to start.
1. There is a subtropical rainforest in this city. When many people think of this type of vegetation, they believe that it only appears in desolate, remote areas that are far from civilization. The rainforest here is proof that is not a correct assessment.
Not only does the rainforest exist, but it is very large. It spans about 100,000 hectares, which is equivalent to a little more than 247,000 acres.
2. The area is very popular with tourists from all over the globe. In fact, it is the most visited part of Australia. More than 13 million people visit each year. More people head here to visit than cities that many probably believe are more popular, like Brisbane and Queensland.
3. The Gold Coast used to have a very large sugar industry. Interestingly enough, this lead to the growth of a much larger industry – rum. While most people associate this libation with Spain and Jamaica, the Gold Coast is one of the leading producers in the world.
4. The temperature in the Gold Coast is quite mellow, which could be why tourists flock there in abundance. In the summer, the temperature typically ranges from 66-83 degrees Fahrenheit. During the colder months, it is not common for the temperature to drop below 48 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. This area is diverse in more ways than one. The human population includes people from all different cultures. It is also interesting to note that more than 1,300 different types of animals call this area home. In addition, there are more than 1,700 kinds of plants that are native to the area as well.
Now that you know more about this exciting and unique location, you may want to add it to your list of places to visit sometime in the future. Whether you are interested in spending some time exploring the rainforest or you want to take pictures of some of the diverse mix of animals and plants, there is much about the area one can become fascinated with. It is unlike any other place in the world.